Thursday, October 21, 2010

T.I.: The Road to Redemption Has No GPS

T.I.'s road to redemption has no GPS - and must maneuver around a huge roadblock.
The embattled rapper faces another 11 months in prison after violating probation on drug charges stemming from a September arrest with wife Tiny.
Still, the star is determined to rise again. "I want drugs out of my life. If I can get the treatment and counseling I need ... I can beat this," T.I. said.

Unpaved Road
PEACE OUT: T.I. will be back behind bars soon enough.
In vain, he told the judge who sentenced him how "I need help. For me, my mother, my kids, I need mercy." What he needs is to stop sippin' dat sizzurp!
His relapse is sad in light of his heroic actions last week, when he raced to the scene and helped talk a suicidal man off a 22-story ledge in Atlanta.
But the law is the law.
His lawyer Dwight L. Thomas said T.I. is disappointed, "but at the same time, [the jail sentence] is far less than what the government asked for. This is not what he expected and this is not what he wants in his life at this point."
As for the drug use allegedly confirmed by diluted urine samples:
"There are lots of reasons for diluted urine. One can drink a lot of alcohol at night ... you could be very tired, very dehydrated and hydrate excessively. That could give an indication of diluted urine but not necessarily intentionally diluted urine."
Wait ... one can drink alcohol at night? Insane.
The rapper was paroled after serving just 366 days of a seven-year sentence for weapons charges. Having violated his early release terms, back he goes.
Hours after T.I.'s sentence was handed down, he dropped the new single "Get Back Up," which features vocals from fellow embattled star Chris Brown.

0 comments:

Post a Comment