Thursday, October 21, 2010

Anne Hathaway: In Vogue, Talking Relationships

New Anne Hathaway Vogue CoverQueen Anne

Anne Hathaway looks absolutely dazzling in the new issue of Vogue, but it's the actress' candor in her interview with the magazine that stands out even more.
As expected, Anne was asked about her infamous ex-boyfriend, Raffaello Follieri, who pleaded guilty to wire fraud, money laundering and conspiracy in 2008.
"Gosh, I hate talking about the breakup, because I don't want it to define me, but as is to be expected, there were a lot of lingering trust issues," she admits.
ALL HAIL THE QUEEN: Anne is movie and fashion royalty.
Luckily, Hathaway bounced back and found love with Adam Shulman. "We hit it off immediately, but it took us a pretty long time to get together," Anne says.
"He thought that I had a boyfriend, and I thought that he had a girlfriend, so I thought that I'd better keep my distance because I didn't want to be that girl."
The actress, who stars in the upcoming Love and Other Drugs, also discusses her role in the movie as a young women with early onset of Parkinson's disease.
"I tried not to like the script as much as I did, because it scared me," she says. "What if it becomes a melodrama? What if the audience doesn't find these challenging characters charming? There were so many things that could go wrong."
On her role in Rachel Getting Married: "I felt far closer to the person that I wanted to be and the actress that I wanted to be than I ever had before."
On getting naked in Love and Other Drugs: "These are people who have no trouble taking their clothes off - in a way, their bodies are their currency ... But they're terrified of exposing their vulnerability, of becoming emotionally naked."
The emotions of the role: "I was a wreck from start to finish. I think I cried every single day. I had to lean so much more heavily on everyone around me than I'm used to. I'm used to pulling my own weight. But I totally fell apart."

0 comments:

Post a Comment