Thursday, October 21, 2010

Elton John Hates American Idol, Loves Lady GagaElton John Hates American Idol, Loves Lady Gaga


Elton John was approached about being a judge on American Idol, but turned down the offer for one very good reason: he hates the show!
"I'm not a fan of talent shows... I couldn't do it because I won't slag anyone off," the singer told UK's The Daily Mail. "There have been some good acts, but the only way to sustain a career is to pay your dues in small, s**t clubs."

Never one to shy away from an opinion, John added "contemporary pop isn't very inspiring" and said it's important for artists to write their own material.
Among singers he likes?
"Lily Allen is incredibly talented and can do anything she wants – act, sing, write. I'm also a huge fan of Lady Gaga. And I adore Amy Winehouse."

0 comments:

Post a Comment