Friday, December 17, 2010

By the Numbers: The Top 10 Tweets of 2010

People on Twitter love Justin Bieber.
Of the top 10 re-Tweeted messages of the whole year, one was by Justin Bieber, and two others pertained to Justin Bieber. Which makes sense ... it is his world.
While celebrity Tweets registering at "100+" is commonplace, the social networking site actually did compile the top 10 re-Tweeted messages of the year.
Thug Livin'Ra Ra Ga Ga
Weezy and Gaga both made the Twitter Top 10.
The year's top Twitter posts included a defiant Britney Spears, food for thought by Drake, and a hilarious, sad and topical one-liner by Steven Colbert.
Strangely, Al-Qaeda cracked the top five. It's a satirical account, not really updated by Osama Bin Laden ... we think. How morbidly funny would that be?
So who came in at #1? Read the list after the jump ...
10. Britney Spears - "PS - Star Magazine, Radar Online, Jason Alexander and the rest of you liars, Ya'll can kiss my lily white southern Louisiana ass!"
9. Rihanna - "Justin Bieber just flashed me his abs in the middle of a restaurant! Wow! He actually had a lil 6 pack! Sexy, lol! #Beliebersplzdontkillme."
8. Kanye West - "I'm sorry Taylor."
7. Lady GaGa - "I'm beautiful in my way, 'cause God makes no mistakes. I'm on the right track, baby. I was Born This Way."
6. Joe Jonas - "I cry because I love Justin Bieber!!!"
5. Al-Qaeda - "Just noticed Twitter keeps prompting me to 'Add a location to your tweets'. Not falling for that one."
4. Justin Bieber - "Te quiero mucho mi amor."
3. Lil Wayne - "Aaaaaaahhhhhhmmmmm baaaaakkkkkkkkkk!"
2. Drake - "We always ignore the ones who adore us, and adore the ones who ignore us."
1. Stephen Colbert - "In honor of oil-soaked birds, 'tweets' are now 'gurgles'."
Which was your favorite celebrity Tweet? Any others stand out that didn't make the list? Who do you predict will be the most re-Tweeted of 2011?
Tell us ... and follow THG on Twitter too!

See also:

0 comments:

Post a Comment