Monday, October 25, 2010

Cheryl Cole: I felt awful about not putting Gamu through on The X Factor

Cheryl hasn't spoken to the singer since
The X Factor 2010 Final 32 - Gamu Nhengu | pictures | Now magazine
 | celebrity gossip | TV news
Gamu Nhengu didn't make Cheryl Cole's top 3 on The X Factor
Cheryl Cole has revealed that she didn't pick Gamu Nhengu for her top three on The X Factor because she just couldn't see that special spark in the teenager.
Having missed a lot of the auditions and the Boot Camp stage of the competition, Cheryl had to judge Gamu's performance afresh.
'All I had was the tape and girl that was in front of us
there and then,' she explains.



'I'm looking for a twinkle in their eye and an instinct I feel - I thought I made the right decision.'
After Gamu's fans turned on the Girls Aloud star - and some accused her of racism - she was astonished. 
'Saying I was racist is ridiculous, things have become so stupid,' Cheryl, 27, insists in Piers Morgan's Life Stories on ITV1.
'But I felt awful. I haven't spoken to her since, I can't, I don't know what to say. "I'm sorry that your life is upside down?"'
After her elimation, 18-yearr-old Gamu claimed The X Factor had ruined her life.
Her family face deportation back to Zimbabwe after mum Nokuthula Ngazana's application to extend her working visa was rejected.
The Home Office application is reported to have been turned down because Nokuthula allegedly received benefits she was not entitled to as an immigrant.
Lawyers for the family - who've been living in Clackmannanshire, Scotland, for 8 years - are now seeking a judicial review from the Court Of Session in Edinburgh to overturn the ruling.

0 comments:

Post a Comment