Thursday, December 2, 2010

Christina Aguilera on Matt Rutler: "A Lot of Love There"

Need another sign that things are serious between Christina Aguilera and Matt Rutler? The singer has spoken publicly about her new man for the first time.
Aguilera tells People she met Rutler on the set of Burlesque, but didn't officially start dating Rutler until her divorce was finalized, adding:
"Matthew is a special person. We had a really strong friendship on the movie. He's the kind of person you could spend hours on the phone talking to and all of a sudden it's daylight."
Star of Fame
Just how quickly are things progressing?
"I'm not trying to jump into anything," says the singer. "I just left a five-year marriage... There's a love there, yes. I'm having fun... I'm taking it slow and trying to be happy."
But why did things fall apart with husband Jordan Bratman, from which she filed for divorce in October? It all started while filming the aforementioned musical, Aguilera says.
"As a musician you're with your posse all the time, and during the movie I removed myself from mine. So I had an independence I'd never felt before. I was growing leaps and bounds daily. I went from being a girl to a woman.
"When I finished filming, I didn't feel right in my own shoes [a home]. I had a lot of things stirring inside of me that I felt were being suppressed. We tried to work on the marriage and figure out a common ground, but the problems were obvious."

See also:

0 comments:

Post a Comment