Thursday, November 4, 2010

LeAnn Rimes on Eddie Cibrian Affair: No Regrets!

LeAnn Rimes says her decision to have the affair with Eddie Cibrian that ended both their marriages is complicated and people shouldn't rush to judgment.
Brandi Glanville will beg to differ when she sobers up.
"What happened is not who I am, period," Rimes says on In the Spotlight with Robin Roberts: All Access Nashville, airing Wednesday at 10 p.m. on ABC. "But I know how much I love him. I've always said I don't live my life with regret. I can't."
CibriAnn
Home-wrecker or not, LeAnn Rimes has no regrets.
LeAnn and Eddie's scandalous fling began last year while shooting the Lifetime flick, Northern Lights. He was married to Glanville, and she to Dean Sheremet.
"It happens every day to so many people," Rimes says, trying to justify the affair. "If I take away my album sales, my words, you have just another couple."
"You had two couples whose marriages didn't work and who really stumbled upon each other and fell in love. I can't change [critics'] minds. Nothing I'm going to say is going to change it. I do know that and I have accepted that."
Eddie Cibrian seconds that notion: "The truth is that we're human beings. We make mistakes and we learn from them, but we're human. We fell in love."
"We're talking about something that's over a year, year and-a-half old, really, and we're still together, and we're madly in love," the actor continues.
"I think people are finally seeing that, but it doesn't mean people will accept it or tabloids will stop printing lies and try to tear us apart, tear us down."
Adds Rimes, who is not engaged to Eddie Cibrian, "We're really happy in what we feel privately. We hope one day, I think people will feel publicly."
Contrary to other reports, Rimes doesn't break down in tears defending any railing. She cries when asked about her book, What I Cannot Change.
"That was my life!" she says, of her music career, crying. "I'm learning who I am without it and that's the coolest thing about my life right now."
These days, music isn't the burden that it used to be.
"There's been a lot thrust on my shoulders at a very young age. I - thank God. I don't know how I could have handled it, but I have and I'm still here."

0 comments:

Post a Comment