Friday, January 7, 2011

Johnny Weir in New Memoir: I'm Gay

Figure skating champion Johnny Weir has revealed that he is gay.
In his upcoming memoir, Welcome to My World, due out next week, Weir discusses his sexual orientation in a very straightforward manner. One excerpt:
“In a sexual way, I’m gay, but I would marry a woman tomorrow if it struck me. I don’t think sex and relationships necessarily have to go together.”
Johnny Weir Picture
Johnny Weir makes his feelings abundantly clear.
“With people killing themselves and being scared into the closet, I hope that even just one person can gain strength from my story,” Weir added.
Johnny discusses getting called names in school, an affair he had with a male skater he only refers to as “Alex,” and why he didn’t come out earlier.
“A lot of the gays got downright angry about my silence. But pressure is the last thing that would make me want to ‘join’ a community.’” he said.

See also:

0 comments:

Post a Comment