Wednesday, December 8, 2010

T.I. Getting Smarter in Prison

T.I. may be a convicted felon who blew a second chance with a probation-violating arrest that nixed his early release, but the man is nothing if not inspirational.
He's effing tired of jail, but it sounds like he's hanging in there. The release of his new album, No Mercy, which he finished before his 11-month sentence, helps.
"So here it is. NO MERCY, the most honest and intimate installment of my life story as promised," T.I. posted on his official site, which he somehow can update.
A T.I. Image
Says the embattled rapper: "Hope ya'll enjoy it and it lives up to the very high standards I've set for myself or anyone who's considered to be one of the best."
Humble as always. The self-adulation continues:
"I must admit it takes a lot to go through as much as I have and still keep the love in your heart and in your art. But at the end of the day, if that's what it takes to produce the music to keep the world of hip-hop evolving on its axis."
"Even the lowest of the lows of my life was all worth it."
"Thanks again for your prayers, your time, and attention. And remember... it doesn't matter how long it'll be before the next time you see me. What matters is I'll be a better man before that time comes. The longer I sit, the smarter I get."
"I'd like to give a very special thank you to the fans who've been writing me and lifting my spirits. I read all of them. I would never be able to write you all back, but I'd like to list as many of you individually as I can and thank the others collectively."
T.I. ends noting he does not consider himself "done" and is staying positive. He wants to be a "father to his kids," a "husband to his wife" and "son to his mother."
Before his Nov. 1 surrender, T.I. not only completed the album, but he also shot a music video featuring Chris Brown for the album's second single, "Get Back Up."
Sounds like his mantra for life - and what he told that suicidal guy.

See also:

0 comments:

Post a Comment